Laird Careers Careers
Sr. Validation and EMC Engineer
With general instructions, the Validation & EMC Engineer translates internal and/or external customers validation expectations into plans that can be measured and executed through projects in the product validation life cycle. Assure the Quality of products being produced in our global manufacturing and engineering facilities.Responsibilities
- Leads the development of Validation Test Plans with internal and external customers. Develop and maintain project timelines to ensure all key reporting and milestone deliverables are met with internal and external customers.
- Leads development of reporting and milestone deliverables with internal and external customers
- Oversees internal testing methods, apparatuses, and materials needed to achieve customer and product requirements
- Work with internal and external suppliers to facilitate validation testing needs
- Communicate with the internal and external customers regularly to keep them up to date on validation testing activities
- Setup new and complex test systems for the validation lab, and contract labs
- Support Validation lab integration of technologies
- Troubleshoot Validation test setup issues mechanically, electrically, and technically
- Work with manufacturing partners and suppliers regarding their specific requirements
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Understanding of EMC testing and design for EMC compliance
- Understanding of OEM automotive Validation and EMC requirements required
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics
- Understanding of statistical process control
- Ability to use precision measuring instruments
- Excellent data analysis skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows based Applications (Word, Excel, Access, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups
- Ability to fully define project scope, deliverables and team requirements as well as execute program plans with minimal supervision.
- Ability to lead project teams and deliver results against milestones and deliverables.
- Works well in a Team environment and guides the team as the “expert” in a particular field, capable of leading a sub-team formed around the technical expertise.
- Excellent knowledge of a particular technical area within the job responsibility
- Able to work successfully in a deadline-driven, fast paced environment and effectively multi-task multiple priorities in a team-oriented environment
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to changing requirements and schedules
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of RF products
- Experience with CAN Bus, J1939, 1708, RS232, I2C, UART
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related field, Masters Degree preferred
- 3 or more years of experience in automotive Validation and or Automotive EMC engineering role
- Certification Experience – E-Mark, RED, FCC, ISED
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.