Laird Careers Careers
The EHS Specialist is responsible for supporting the EHS engineer and/or site management team on incident/accident prevention; assisting site team on EHS compliance (both of internal compliance with Laird EHS management system and external compliance with laws and regulations); gathering EHS data for interpretation and/or recordkeeping.
- Implements and maintains the Laird EHS management sytem with suitable documents.
- Works out relevant management procedures or rules and communicates with relevant employees.
- Supports the EHS engineer and/or site team to arrange and/or provide basic EHS training; maintain all training records.
- Supports the EHS engineer and/or site team to investigate violations and incidents/accidents; maintains all investigation and follow-up actions reports.
- Supports the EHS engineer and/or site team on certification process of ISO14001 and OHSAS 18001.
- Assists the EHS engineer and/or site team on hazardous waste handling and maintains all relevant documents.
- Assists the EHS engineer with industrial hygiene and environmental sampling.
- Assists the EHS engineer on occupational health management, including health checks as applicable.
- Collects and provides information to address requests from customers and regulatory authorities. Interprets customer environmental policies.
- Coordinates environmental declarations on RoHS and other restricted substance regulations for Laird products.
- Contacts suppliers and obtain necessary background information to support RoHS and other restricted substance regulations for Laird products; Sends out materials for RoHS and restricted substance testing as applicable.
- Assists the EHS engineer and/or site team on EHS events, campaigns, communication, promotion and assigned work.
- Good command of PC skills and writing.
- Familiarity with relevant EHS laws, regulations and standards.
- Good understanding of Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
- Team player; Ability to work well in a team environment.
- BS in Chemistry/Biology Engineering or related field. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 1-3 years industry related experience.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.