Laird Careers Careers
Field Applications Engineer (f/m) Automotive/Aerospace
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, design and manufacturing related functions required by key account customers, working with sales and manufacturing to achieve all customer design targets and goals. This Position will be based in France (Homeoffice).
- Regularly attend customer design review meetings and provide technical design support for SBU solutions.
- Utilize all product offerings, providing insightful and detailed design solutions.
- Present design solutions to customer team, utilizing solid model design techniques during presentation.
- Drive prototype, tool build, and initial production build to meet customer timelines.
- Originate and release final production documentation, detailed with critical dimensions and tolerances required for a functional part, but also taking into account manufacturing restrictions.
- Manage and direct a product development design team consisting of multiple engineering disciplines.
- Manage and coordinate activities between departments to meet product development requirements.
- Simultaneously set priorities/direction for multiple programs in development.
- Responsible for working with OEM engineers, Manufacturer's Representatives, Distribution Partners and Territory Sales Managers to implement Laird Technologies provided solutions for existing, qualifying new and next generation and cost reduction programs.
- Keep work skills current to insure Laird Technologies competitiveness in a dynamic global business environment. May require extensive travel to customer sites required providing design specific solutions.
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Proficient with solid-modeling software, preferable Pro/Engineering.
- Understanding of Finite Element Analysis process, preferably with a history of analyzing boundary conditions and results.
- Exhibit understanding of the cross-functional relationships between inter-company groups and the expertise required to take a product through development and on to production.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Attention to detail.
- Demonstrate skill in Microsoft Project.
- Bachelor Degree in engineering or technical field
- 3-5 years Experience/knowledge in manufacturing within Areospace and/or Automotive Tier I processes preferred.
- experience with thermal management and implementation of thermal solutions is a plus
- 3+ years experince in mechanical design