Laird Careers Careers
Under general supervision and instruction, applies standard computer aided design principles/techniques and general knowledge of products to create models, patterns, templates and component detailed drawings that meet all product specifications. Performs a variety of duties associated with the design, development and modeling of mechanical, electrical or other specialized equipment.
Design and development of tooling required to produce products for the Company. Works closely with product and process design teams to insure that tooling can be properly designed to produce the product under development.Responsibilities
- Provide tooling design expertise to product development teams to ensure that the product has the needed design characteristics needed to reliably produce the product.
- Act as lead interface between project teams and tooling suppliers on technical issues
- Uses computer aided design software for creating models, patterns, templates, and component detailed drawings within required specifications.
- With specific instruction designs product and necessary support hardware to meet product requirements and defined process capabilities for manufacturing.
- Assist with the identification and resolution of manufacturing process problems in collaboration with team members.
- With specific direction, uses standard knowledge of CAD systems and design technology along with tolerance analysis methods and design techniques that enable high quality new product development.
- Assists with the Investigation of product performance problems and recommends solutions.
- Provide tooling design knowledge to project teams and manufacturing
- Ability to troubleshoot and develop solutions to prototype and production tooling
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- CAD/CAM skills in AutoCAD, Creo Parametric or Solidworks as required
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Strong mathematical background.
- Possesses limited understanding of engineering process. Basic knowledge of product lines and marketing and basic technical knowledge of a single area.
- Ability to work with clearly defined project steps
- Possess a working knowledge of some SBU product lines
- Experience in participating on multi-disciplinary product development teams
- Possess a working knowledge of tool design
- 2 year technical degree or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years of design experience.