Laird Careers Careers
Project Engineer – Program Management
Persons employed in this position will assist in the management of cross-functional team in the management of assigned projects from start to completion.Responsibilities
- Participate in the definition and planning of project milestones.
- Prepare & verify initial cost calculation (ICC) before submission to program manager. Monitor costs associated with assigned project.
- Manage project milestone activities and deliverables as directed
- Ensure assigned project team stays on track.
- Coordinate activities between departments to meet product development or project requirements and to ensure project milestones are completed as defined.
- Make arrangement for sample build for performance verification and also for shipment to customer
- Liaise with suppliers, tool makers, sales managers and customers for matters relating to assigned project.
- Seek technical support & discussion with resources possessing necessary expertise.
- Set priorities/direction for assigned projects or programs.
- Act as in-house leader to drive & ensure project plan execution on time.
- Generate/facilitate documentation per procedures and Laird requirements Regularly update project status and share with stakeholders.
- Participate in cost tracking, reduction and cost of quality programs.
- Assist Engineering as directed with the design and prototype of new or modified products.
- Assist and support as necessary in the review and release of engineering prototype samples.
- Assist the Program Manager in solving development and production constraints.
- Assist the Program Manager, as required, to carry out special projects, recommend procedures/steps to improve efficiencies and customer satisfaction.
- Assist in the creation/implementation of the processes and documentation for all new projects.
- Assist the Team as required in the support of production and the development of new products through reviews, root cause analysis, corrective action, discrepancy handling, lessons learned and defect prevention.
- Assist in analyzing and improving existing products, processes or design as assigned.
- Assist the Program Manager in the creation and maintenance of the Program, timing and Action Item list to ensure deliverables and milestones are met based on agreed customer timing.
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards
- Any other works or responsibilities as assigned from time to time by superior.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Exhibit basic understanding of the cross-functional relationships between inter-company groups and the ability to learn required knowledge to take a product through development and on to production.
- Ability to work cooperatively to achieve shared objectives
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Demonstrate skill in Microsoft Project
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or technical field highly preferred. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Willingness to attain PMI Certification
- Experience and knowledge in manufacturing processes and product development preferred
- Previous experience in an engineering role a plus.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.