Laird Careers Careers
Controls & Automation Engineering Manager (m/w)
The Controls & Automation Engineering Manager oversees, coordinates and reviews the daily work of the application engineers and drafters and directs the team for optimal performance and productivity to ensure the accurate and timely completion of new orders.Responsibilities:
- Schedules and distributes company and affiliate production orders to individual application engineers and drafters. Regularly reviews progress to ensure that the design and drafting processes are proceeding as planned.
- Schedules and distributes non-production application specific and departmental specific projects to individual application engineers and drafters.
- Functions as an application engineer on a limited basis to maintain an adequate knowledge of company product design and to assist with department overflow.
- Meets with customers and company sales personnel and representatives both in-house and on site to assess unique applications requiring special design consideration.
- Interfaces with affiliate companies to ensure consistency and accuracy of design process.
- Performs and/or assigns application engineers to perform pre-engineering review of new system orders.
- Assists Inventory personnel in the development of bills of materials for new sub-assemblies and products.
- Generates and maintains Application Engineering checklists in conjunction with these bills of materials.
- Provides technicial assistance to the Sales, Product Development, Materials, Production, Quality, and Service departments to resolve issues and develop product improvements.
- Develops, implements, maintains, and upgrades departmental operating systems, product interface applications, and engineering standards.
- Develops, implements, maintains, and upgrades Application Engineering document control system in compliance with the company´s quality system and the CAD master parts library document control system.
- Other duties may be assigned as reasonably directed by management.
- Proficiency in computer skills including Windows, AutoCAD, and company proprietary software.
- Ability to use Word, Excel, and AutoCAD.
- Ability to interpret electrical and pneumatic schematic drawings and ladder logic diagrams.
- Ability to manage time to meet deadlines and schedule the work flow of others.
- Sound understanding of electronic and electrical theory.
- Understanding of hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Knowledge of industrial machinery.
- Good interpersonal skills and supervisory ability.
- Bachelor´s degree (BS) in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology from a four year college or university,
- Minimum of five years related work experience preferably in Control & Automation based equipment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.