Laird Careers Careers
Field Applications Engineer III
• Regularly attend customer design review meetings and provide technical design support for Connectivity product solutions.
• Utilize all product offerings, providing insightful and detailed design solutions.
• Present design solutions to customer team.
• Coordinate activities between departments to meet customer product development requirements.
• Simultaneously set priorities/direction for multiple programs in development.
• Responsible for working with OEM engineers, Manufacturer's Representatives, Distribution Partners, our Support Center and Territory Sales Managers to implement Laird provided solutions for existing, qualifying new and next generation and cost reduction customer programs.
• Keep work skills current to insure Laird competitiveness in a dynamic global business environment.
• May require extensive travel to customer sites required providing design specific solutions
• Excellent time management skills.
• Proficient with Linux operating systems.
• Advanced knowledge of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
• Experience in Embedded software design a plus.
• Exhibit understanding of the cross-functional relationships between inter-company groups and the expertise required to take a product through development and on to production.
• Good communication skills, both oral and written.
• Attention to detail.
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or technical field.
• Experience/knowledge in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or embedded design preferred.
• More than 5 years experience in a similar position.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.