Laird Careers Careers
Under general supervision operates a multi-line telephone console, gives routine information to the public; greets the public; performs routine clerical work such as typing, filing, and mail processing; provides administrative support and communication to assigned department to assist in their creation and development of new and existing projects and work with vendors, employees and/or customers to help ensure total customer/employee satisfaction, performs related work as required.Responsibilities
- Compose, type, and mail standard correspondence both externally and internally as requested.
- Greet visitors, issue badges, administer greeting board and call appropriate persons to escort or meet them.
- Answer telephone, screen and direct calls, relay messages and answer customer inquiries. Assist customer as necessary. Page employees and relay or screen calls as needed.
- Performs general office customer service, phone & fulfillment duties.
- Maintain meeting room calendars and set up meetings at facility including arrangements for refreshments.
- Prepare and maintain files.
- With general instruction, assists with various programs, company events and employee functions.
- Assists with mailings, e-mails, faxes, scheduling and record keeping as needed.
- Undertake special projects for the department as assigned, maintaining special files.
- Assist in all facets of communication and coordination of projects.
- Provide general administrative support to assigned departments.
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
- Attention to detail.
- Good organization skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Confidentiality a must.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office software.
- Knowledge of secretarial, office procedures and knowledge of use and operation of standard office equipment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, telephone skills, organized, to work in a self-directed environment
- Ability to use telephone console, computer copier, and other standard office equipment
- High School diploma or equivalent. Associate’s Degree in Business or related field preferred
- 2 years experience in an administrative role.
- 6 months previous experience with public contact.