Laird Careers Careers
Service Technician I
Based in Warren, OH, the Service Technician will test, troubleshoot, repair and modify electronic components, parts and equipment at Laird facilities as required to maintain new and existing products. Travel to customer sites may be required, on occasion. This role will provide high quality service to customers, OEMs and Manufacturers' Representatives.Responsibilities
- Tests faulty equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test equipment and software, and applying knowledge of the functional operation of electronic units and systems.
- Demonstrates proper use of equipment and analyze problems using test equipment to diagnose and correct malfunctions.
- Inspects components of industrial/rail equipment for accurate assembly and installation and for defects such as loose connections and frayed wires.
- Verifies customer's equipment for compliance with product specifications.
- Consults with customers, supervisors, and engineers for layout of equipment and to resolve problems in system operation and maintenance.
- Draws sketches to clarify design details
- Examines work orders and converse with equipment operators to detect equipment problems and to ascertain whether mechanical or human errors contributed to the problems.
- Completes and checks all job tickets including records such as material usage and number of items repaired.
- Prepares and submits management reports.
- Advises management regarding customer satisfaction, product performance, and suggestions for product improvements.
- Maintains equipment logs that record performance problems, repairs, calibrations, and tests.
- Studies blueprints, schematics, manuals, and other specifications to determine issues.
- Assists other departments in resolving equipment and related problems.
- Recommends changes in circuitry or installation specifications to simplify assembly and maintenance.
- Adjusts, calibrates, aligns and modifies circuitry and components and records effects on units performance.
- Checks functioning of newly installed equipment to evaluate system performance under actual operating conditions.
- Enters information into computer to copy program or to draw, modify, or store schematics, applying knowledge of software package used.
- Ability to acquire basic product knowledge.
- Ability to use hand tools to pack shipments.
- Must have good verbal skills.
- Must be a competent in proofreading, editing, spelling, composition and possess a good vocabulary.
- Must be very well organized.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two year college or technical school.
- One to two years' of related experience with products and applications; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.