Laird Careers Careers
Field Service Technician
Based in Warren, OH, the Field Service Technician will perform client-site servicing, repair and/or installation of company product(s). The team provides a high level of service to our customers, all over the world.Responsibilities
- This job may include any aspect of product field support, including system hardware and software, equipment, and systems networking.
- Provides technical support to customers on operational or maintenance aspects of system equipment.
- Serves as customer contact on technical and service related problems.
- Diagnoses mechanical, hardware, software and systems failures using established procedures.
- Determines most cost effective repair/resolution to minimize customer downtime.
- Prepares reports for analysis of product failure trends and service ability issues.
- Ability to acquire basic product knowledge.
- Ability to use hand tools to pack shipments.
- Must have good verbal skills. Must be a competent in proofreading, editing, spelling, composition and possess a good vocabulary.
- Must be very well organized.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
- 2+ years' of related experience with products and applications (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.