Laird Careers Careers
Composites Engineering Technician
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, contributing to varied projects and products for the development of products, manufacturing processes or production equipment. This position will be assigned a wide range of development tasks to support the technical needs of the Company. This position is typically considered an entry level, associates degree or equivalent experience position.Responsibilities
- Analyze and improve existing products, equipment, processes, or designs as assigned.
- Develop products, manufacturing methods and processed in the production of components and methods to reduce manufacturing costs.
- Investigate, establish and implement requirements for equipment, tooling, materials and methods of manufacturing, including facility layout as required for new or revised products.
- Create documentation to support existing products, processes and equipment in accordance with ISO 9001 requirements.
- Design and implement products, processes, equipment, and documentation for all new projects.
- Participate in cost reduction and cost of quality programs.
- Assist maintenance in troubleshooting and repair of equipment.
- Assist Operations Managers in solving production constraints.
- Assist Engineering with the design and prototyping of new or modified products.
- Support production and development of new products through independent review, root cause analysis, corrective action, discrepancy handling, and defect prevention.
- Conduct process capability studies, design experiments, conduct studies and analyze to ensure products meet requirements.
- Knowledge or willingness to learn CAD and Pro/Engineering.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows.
- Strong practical technical ability.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Good organizational and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Associate Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.La
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.