Laird Careers Careers
Quality Control Engineer
Translate internal and/or external customers quality expectations into factors that can be measured and integrate quality initiatives into projects throughout the life cycle of the product. Assure the Quality of processes and products by consistently promoting continuous improvement in all areas.Responsibilities
- Assist customers regarding quality issues.
- Develop working relationships with assigned customers and team members.
- Develop, revise, and maintain Quality documentation as necessary.
- Participate in the Continuous Improvement efforts utilizing Quality Tools.
- Participate in the Corrective Action process (8D), the MRB (Material Review Board) process, the First Article process, Part Certification process, and the Business System Auditing process.
- Participate in the activities of Quality Inspectors as assigned to achieve quality objectives.
- Assist in Advanced Quality Planning for New Products as required by Project Management
- Assist Departments with Quality System and Product Quality related issues and coordinate the Quality effort.
- Create quality related reports for internal and external distribution.
- Perform supplier audits, internal audits and participate in customer audits.
- Maintain quality data like PPM, D/P-FMEA, 8Ds, PPAP's, SPC, MSA and others as appropriate.
- Work with manufacturing partners and suppliers regarding their specific requirements.
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
- Knowledge and experience with TS16949 and ISO9001: 2000.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Understanding of statistical process control.
- Ability to use precision measuring instruments.
- Basic data analysis skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows based Applications (Word, Excel, Access, etc.).
- Knowledge of the PPAP, MSA, SPC, FMEA, APQP processes.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to work under direct supervision.
- Ability to work with clearly defined project steps.
- Limited knowledge of a particular technical area.
- Able to work successfully in a deadline-driven, fast paced environment and effectively multi-task multiple priorities in a team-oriented environment.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to changing requirements and schedules.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related field.
- 0-2 years of experience
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.