Laird Careers Careers
Document Control Specialist
Under general supervision and instruction, the Document Control Specialist maintains accurate engineering records. This position will be assigned a wide range of tasks to support the technical needs of the Company.Responsibilities
- Maintains files of engineering drawings, project reports, specifications, product proposals and documentation. Ensures documents meet standards.
- Prepares process and status reports, assigns and monitors document numbers, and reviews documents for accuracy and completeness. May require preparing changes in CAD and changes MRP file documents.
- May be required to manage MRP information regarding sales orders, work orders, purchase orders, item information and planning.
- Create documentation to support existing products, processes and equipment in accordance with ISO 9001 requirements.
- Coordinates the interaction between engineering, manufacturing, field operations, and marketing to ensure appropriate changes are documented.
- Uses CAD database, software blueprints or copy or microfilm machines for reproduction of documentation. May be required to generate designs in different formats.
- May require use of 2D and 3D computer aided design software for creating models, patterns, templates, and component detailed drawings within required specifications as directed.
- Internal and external interaction with suppliers.
- Perform other duties as requested or necessary to meet business conditions and changes.
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- CAD/CAM skills in AutoCAD, ProE, Catia or Solidworks as required.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Strong mathematical background.
- Detailed knowledge of MRP systems may be required.
- Possesses understanding of engineering process.
- Basic knowledge of product lines and marketing and basic technical knowledge of a single area.
- 2 year technical degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of design or manufacturing engineering experience
- Aras Software or other enterprise PLM software a plusOther
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.