Laird Careers Careers
Buyer Planner II
Under general supervision, the Operations Buyer is responsible for, but not limited to, performing material planning activities in the Demand, Production, and Supplier Planning functions of customer demand fulfillment in order to ensure total customer satisfaction within required timeline, quality standards, and total cost constraints.Responsibilities
- Monitor and maintain delivery schedules / due dates in MRP system based on Customer Demand (Planning Solutions) as well as forecasting techniques where applicable.
- Analyze and provide feedback to appropriate departments on material status / requirements for fulfilling customer demand.
- Check availability of inventory prior to firming / releasing work orders using system queries and reports.
- Manage Supplier Schedules and Supplier Demand Visibility application as required.Â Support training activity for Suppliers as required.
- Maintain discrete purchase orders & Supplier Schedules based on MRP Action Messages and new engineering change orders.
- Monitor / measure material cost savings plans and targets; collaborate with Materials Management and Category Management teams in supplier negotiation initiatives as required.
- Collaborate with multiple Laird factories and suppliers to ensure proper inventory levels for finished goods and components.
- Effectively manage inventory levels to meet customer orders, including safety & distribution stock, utilizing proven Supply Chain systems.
- Develop, improve, and monitor reporting processes & systems to control the supply chain functions.
- Collaborate with Materials Management team to optimize supply chain and logistics solutions in order to maximize On Time Delivery to Customer request and Laird promise, while minimizing inventory investment.
- Make recommendations to management regarding improvements in the supply chain processes to better enable the company to be efficient, cut costs, and improve delivery performance to customers.
- Adheres to Laird quality and safety systems / safety standards.
- Previous demonstrated experience in production/materials planning/MRP required, QAD preferred.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral / interpersonal.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions (P/D/C/A).
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Windows programs, emphasis on Excel.
- Ability to maintain accuracy and attention to detail.
- Commercial or technical education
- Fluent in english and german
- 3 years of scheduling experience in a manufacturing environment, automotive preferred.
- Willingness and capability to complete elements of CPIM APICS within 18 months of acceptance of job position