Laird Careers Careers
Based in Warren, OH; this role will be accountable for directing the execution of local site logistics and trade compliance operational activities, processes, and solution design involving the management and movement of materials and finished goods. It will also be accountable for overall local site operational execution of transportation, import & export compliancy to host government regulations, warehousing, brokerage operations, packaging & crating needs /requirements. The role will formulate and align site logistics operational processes with corporate policies, guidelines, local Supply Chain and Manufacturing Strategies. It will also Implement logistic initiatives to support site requirements and work to achieve lowest landed cost, quality, and on-time delivery targets.Responsibilities
- Maintains a formal local performance program involving the administration of balanced scorecard, plan of record, and logistics spend management (variance, budget, root cause/corrective action, etc.)
- First point of contact for local site operational escalations involving transportation, warehousing, brokerage operations, and packaging, and crating issue resolution.
- Administers import & export customs policies, tools, and guidelines in line with corporate guidelines and policies. Ensures site compliancy to local regulatory rules and regulations.
- Accountable for local customs/governmental import and export statistical reporting requirements and compliance to governmental classification & regulatory licensing requirements.
- Responsible for the administration and ensuring site compliance to ISO, and other governmental and/or corporate mandated programs.
- Participates in the development and deployment of new processes, policies, and procedures across the site to create breakthrough impact on the highest opportunity areas of the supply chain
- Manages daily site logistics operations, processes, workflows, and escalation management through proactive interaction with key stakeholders including manufacturing, planning, order fulfillment, materials management, and other supply chain teams.
- Accountable to monitor and approve site logistics spend involving freight payment
- Demonstrated operational management experience leading internal teams supporting transportation, warehousing, brokerage operations, packaging, and crating
- Working knowledge of ERP systems related to Global Logistics, Trade Compliance, and Supply Chain functions.
- Experience involving company-wide Query and reporting skill-set (preferred)
- Proficient PC and Logistic ERP module knowledge and experience.
- Ability to work effectively with global, regional, and local teams and with various outsourced partners.
- Strong communication skills, demonstrate ability to lead cross-functional, geographical project teams
- Ability to manage individual contributors (internal and external) performing site logistics operations.
- Fluent in English language (written and verbal).
- BA/BS Business Administration, Logistics, Manufacturing, or Industrial Engineering
- 5+ years of related experience or equivalent of education & experience
- Subject matter expertise in the following fields: Logistics involving domestic and international transportation, warehousing, import and export regulatory compliance, and partner management.
- Familiar with best practices involving Logistics and Trade Compliance, transportation, warehousing, brokerage operations, packaging, and crating.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.