Laird Careers Careers
Sr Manager Strategic Business Development
Laird is looking for an entrepreneurial business development professional to help drive a new initiative focused on helping industrial companies digitally transform their businesses. This unique opportunity requires blending a customer-focused, sales mindset with the flexibility and technical expertise to match emerging technologies and business models with customer needs. The business development role requires identifying ideal target customers, engaging directly with those customers to understand their pain points, and working with a team of experts in wireless, IoT, and industrial technologies to deliver innovative solutions and repeatedly win similar opportunities.Responsibilities
- Identification of target customers and revenue potential by customer.
- Assess market factors and trends, customer direction.
- Identification of new product and services needs for the stated market and customers, and development of roadmaps with the business segments business segments to meet said needs.
- Development of initiatives, specific objectives and plans to support growth in targeted markets.
- Focus efforts at particular key accounts/customers to grow Laird share with the accounts, in cooperation with sales.
- Presentation of business cases for proposed initiatives supporting the strategic market plan.
- Develop data-based market assessments and forecasts as input to the market strategy.
- Works directly with the sales teams and the business unit leadership and technical teams to implement the strategy and measure progress.
- Works directly with appropriate personnel to prepare a plan to include target accounts, revenue potential, product development requirements, and other resource requirements.
- Ability to work with functional groups and SBUs to implement plans and achieve objectives.
- Demonstrated skills both orally and written and must possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer literacy is required.
- Significant travel, including international is required in order to meet these business objectives.
- Fluency in a second language is a strong plus.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Business/Marketing required. MBA a plus.
- 10+ years in disciplines such as engineering, marketing, sales, manufacturing, and finance
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.