Laird Careers Careers
Software Test Engineer
Designs, develops, and implements cost-effective methods of testing and troubleshooting wireless networking products. Participates in the development and maintenance of the test automation framework, configures test bed components and develops test scripts to verify product compliance with functional requirements. Contributes to planning of test development schedules, and identifies equipment required for testing and evaluating products in a system environment . Persons employed in this position are responsible for but not limited to supplying comprehensive test engineering support for research and development programs to ensure total customer satisfaction.Responsibilities
- Design test solutions for new products and new features based on industry standards and requirements specs.
- Identify test bed equipment requirements.
- Design, write and support test scripts to meet software test and software development needs.
- Provide documentation involving test design, requirements, and operator instructions.
- Execute automated and manual functional, system, performance and stress tests and document results.
- Work with product development engineers to isolate issues by collecting and analyzing detailed protocol traces, log files, and debug output
- Develop and maintain project timelines to ensure all key deliverables are met.
- Understanding of the testing process and test methodologies
- Programming in C, C++ and Python
- Understanding of database development and maintenance is a plus
- Proficiency with Linux
- Understanding of networking technologies and protocols
- Experience in troubleshooting networking issues at a protocol level
- Understanding of wireless networking technologies and protocols is preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from the broader engineering team
- Ability to work with management to establish project milestones, but otherwise executes project plan with little supervision required.
- Ability to work toward defined objectives with little direct supervision
- Possess knowledge of new product development processes and work flow
- Experience in participating on multi-disciplinary product development teams
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- 5-8 years experience in a related role.
- Experience developing test automation in a product development environment.
- Experience testing wireless technologies (especially 802.11 and Bluetooth) is strongly preferred.
- Candidate must be an excellent team player.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.