Laird Careers Careers
Service Technician I (English)
Tests, troubleshoots, repairs and modifies electronic components, parts and equipment at Laird facilities as required to maintain new and existing products. Travel to customer site may be required on occasion. Provides high quality service to customers, OEMs and manufacturers' representatives.Responsibilities
- Test faulty equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test equipment and software, and applying knowledge of the functional operation of electronic units and systems.
- Demonstrate proper use of equipment and analyze problems using test equipment to diagnose and correct malfunctions.
- Inspect components of industrial/rail equipment for accurate assembly and installation and for defects such as loose connections and frayed wires.
- Verifies customer's equipment for compliance with product specifications. Consults with customers, supervisors, and engineers for layout of equipment and to resolve problems in system operation and maintenance. Draws sketches to clarify design details and
- Examine work orders and converse with equipment operators to detect equipment problems and to ascertain whether mechanical or human errors contributed to the problems.
- Completes and checks all job tickets including records such as material usage and number of items repaired.
- Prepares and submits management reports. Advise management regarding customer satisfaction, product performance, and suggestions for product improvements.
- Maintain equipment logs that record performance problems, repairs, calibrations, and tests.
- Study blueprints, schematics, manuals, and other specifications to determine issues.
- Assists other departments in resolving equipment and related problems.
- Recommends changes in circuitry or installation specifications to simplify assembly and maintenance.
- Adjusts, calibrates, aligns and modifies circuitry and components and records effects on units performance.
- Checks functioning of newly installed equipment to evaluate system performance under actual operating conditions.
- Enter information into computer to copy program or to draw, modify, or store schematics, applying knowledge of software package used.
- Ability to acquire basic product knowledge.
- Ability to use hand tools to pack shipments.
- Must have good verbal skills. Must be a competent in proofreading, editing, spelling, composition and possess a good vocabulary.
- Must be very well organized.
- Equivalent from two‑year college or technical school.
- 1-2 years related experience with products and applications; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic Electrical and RF Theory (preferred).
- Ability to use the following tools: oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, voltmeter/multimeter, soldering and desoldering equipment (preferred).
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.