Laird Careers Careers
Under direct supervision, performs daily maintenance functions, reactive and preventative, to ensure reliability of equipment operation and documented history of repairs and costs.Responsibilities
- Maintain effective preventative maintenance programs that ensures reliability and documentation.
- Assist with thorough and complete asset and engineering record documentation.
- Responsible for preventive maintenance to minimize down time, includes plotting trends and test values.
- Perform predictive maintenance by analyzing routine failures, construct and compile capability and reliability data for manufacturing equipment.
- Work with all different departments on providing data and verification of failure. Use engineering methods and techniques in analytical problem solving and trouble shooting to support the production scheduling, efficiency.
- Work with Engineering and Production to support and improve safety, productivity, quality and cost.
- Prepare engineering analysis of projects to include: preliminary design, calculation, life cycle cost and equipment selection as pertaining to the yearly capital plan.
- Interpret blueprints, schematic drawings, layouts and other visual aids.
- Design, construct and/or assemble new equipment.
- Engineering duties with mechanical devices, electrical components, transportation, cutting and automated manufacturing equipment, environmental control, material handling, machine tools, electrical ovens.
- Manage construction and mechanical maintenance repairs as required.
- Support and/or drive cost reduction, productivity and quality improvement goals.
- Evaluate and/or analyze unique problems with equipment, troubleshoot equipment failures and repair as needed.
- Advise or recommend new or changed methods and equipment to reduce costs and improve efficiencies.
- Perform other duties as assigned or necessary to meet business conditions or changes
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong PC skills and CAD experience, maintenance tracking software experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of state and local building codes.
- Ability to crouch, crawl, climb ladders, and work at various heights.
- Good mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting ability.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to plan at a high level, but execute at the detail level.
- Work with minimal or no supervision.
- The position requires a Bachelors Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering
- 1 years of industrial manufacturing experience of equivalent work experience and accomplishments.
- 1 years experience in a manufacturing maintenance, or mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical repair.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientat ion/Gender Identity.