Laird Careers Careers
Field Applications/Sales Engineer III
Position: Field Applications/Sales Engineer III
Summary: With minimal supervision, persons employed in this position are responsible for, but not limited to, design, manufacturing, and sales related functions required by key account customers, working closely with sales and product management to achieve all customer design targets and goals. This position is the first point of contact with all facets of the customer as it relates to the Laird products and is the initial liaison between the customer and the Laird Team.
Field Applications Engineering
- Be the technical focal point-of-contact liaison between Customer and Laird
- Regularly attend customer program review meetings and provide technical design support. May require 25-35% travel to customer sites.
- Communicate customer requirements and direction to the Laird Team quickly and concisely.
- Utilize all CVS product offerings, providing technical support for all current & future customers.
- Generate engineering documentation to release Laird parts into the customer’s system.
- Assist Customer to define system requirements; resolve system issues; work with respective “owners”; initiate change requests.
- Manage and coordinate activities between departments to meet product development requirements.
- Simultaneously set priorities/direction for multiple programs in development.
- Will need to work closely with development & sales contacts in all applicable countries (U.S., Germany, China, Japan) and have the flexibility to work across multiple time zones.
- Prospect new targeted OEM customers (technical sales), generate new business opportunities, and work with Account Manger to win new business and meet sales business target objectives.
- Network with new OEM prospects, utilizing a variety of tools (attending conferences, LinkedIn, etc)
- Work closely with Product Management to present & sell Laird CVS’s product portfolio to new and existing customers.
- Represent Laird (Technical Sales) at Laird exhibitions, IE conferences, tech days career fairs, etc.
- Provide intelligence / business opportunities to Customer Account Manager.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Exhibit understanding of the cross-functional relationships between inter-company groups and the expertise required to take a product through development and on to production.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Attention to detail.
- Demonstrate skill in Microsoft Office Applications
Education & Experience Request
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or technical field.
- Experience/knowledge with electronics/connectivity products preferred.
- 5+ years experience in a similar position
- 3-5 years experience with Automotive and/or Commercial OEM Required; Japanese OEM preferred
- 3-5 years experience with electronics manufacturing and design preferred
- 3-5 years of sales engineering is preferred
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientat ion/Gender Identity.