Laird Careers Careers
EMC Technician I
Based in Cedarburg, WI Laird is seeking a technician with a background in electronics. As a member of the Test Services team, the candidate selected will perform testing for a variety of systems and equipment over various industries. Products can range from simple consumer products, wireless modules, and small vehicles, to complex medical devices, industrial systems, and cutting-edge RF technology.Responsibilities
- Perform basic electromagnetic compatibility pre-compliance/compliance testing
- Receive instructions from and report data to project engineers
- Communicate with clients during the setup and performance of a test
- Performs routine maintenance of designated test equipment and laboratory areas
- Assist with validation and verification of tests and equipment.
- Manage shipping and receiving test equipment and customer products
- Operate forklift
- Manage laboratory consumables
- Basic familiarity with Electronics, familiarity with EMC/EMI testing is a plus
- Basic familiarity with test equipment like oscilloscopes, DMM, Spectrum and Network analyzers, etc.
- Positive attitude and ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism
- An ability to adapt to changes, delays, and unexpected events is important
- Strong interpersonal skills are required; with the ability to work both independently, and as part of a team
- Solid written/verbal communication skills
- Computer and technical skills, including competency in the Microsoft Office suite of products
- General understanding of operating in an ISO 17025 accredited laboratory environment is a plus
- An AAS degree in Electronics Engineering Technology or Biomedical Electronics Technology required
- 1 year of relevant experience preferred
- Directly applicable experience may be substituted for years of experience/education
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.