Laird Careers Careers
Under general supervision and with general direction, the Accountant is responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, assist with the preparation of accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures.Responsibilities
- Prepares various journal entries to correctly reflect transactions in the general ledger
- Assist with preparation of month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing and various monthly account analyses. Ensure accuracy of financial statements in accordance with IFRS and compliance to internal policies
- Completes standard analyses and variance reports as requested. Assist with P & L Fluctuation Analysis
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts - Communicate with customers and vendors and internal personnel supporting AP processing and AR collections as required.
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards. - Perform any other jobs assigned by superior from time to time.
- Analysis of monthly financials, including financial reporting.
- Computer literate, proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, both written and oral
- Strong organizational skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Minimum 4 years of working experience in an accounting environment.
- QAD Experience a benefit.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.