Laird Careers Careers
Key Account Manager- Rail Industry
The Key Account Manager will be focused on the Rail industry, specifically Class 1 Locomotive Operators. This role will be the worldwide central point of contact for a designated strategic customer and is responsible for managing the strategic integrity of assigned accounts and specific projects within the identified accounts for the Controls Segment in the Wireless and Thermal Solutions (WTS) Division.
The Key Account Manager works with program management, engineering and Laird factories to establish, maintain and improve the business relationship between the customer and Laird.
Having prior experience with RF products will be a highly desired for this role along with familiarity with Class 1 Rail Operators.Responsibilities
- Relentless champion for assigned customer accounts within Laird Technologies.
- Main point of contact for customer as issues escalate beyond regular course of business.
- Work with support team (program management, engineering and factories) to maintain strategic customer focus.
- Information dissemination: Analyze forecasts, track project status, monitor design opportunities, understand and implement customer goals and objectives, follow market trends, and control the customer’s perception of Laird Technologies.
- Together with Product Managers, oversee quotes and pricing contracts; including negotiations.
- Follow-up and report on customer’s awards and forecast commits. Report findings to the business units and Strategic Market Manager.
- Work with management to ensure that support team is adequately staffed, trained and positioned to fulfill customer needs.
- Work with legal to respond to customer contracts, programs, and terms & conditions.
- Ability to see situations from a macro view.
- Ability to make sound decisions on little information.
- Drive for results
- Ability to influence people
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent project management knowledge
- Up to 40% travel to customer facilities and other Laird facilities, including international travel.
- Must have an entrepreneurial attitude in regard to the Account(s).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business or Sales.
- 5 years international business and 3+ years of experience in sales management
- Experience selling to Class 1 Locomotive Operators is highly preferredOther
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.