Laird Careers Careers
EMI Test Engineer
Under general supervision in a research and development environment, the Scientist III will apply accepted scientific methods and devise new scientific approaches to diverse problems encountered and apply specialized scientific knowledge and skills to develop specific solutions.Responsibilities
• Schedules and conducts scientific investigations involving experimental studies in support of current products and/or new product development.
• Researches, investigates, and proposes technical solutions for projects.
• Applies advanced scientific analysis techniques and practices within their specialty.
• Builds productive internal and external relationships with manufacturing, engineering, marketing, and technology groups enabling a proactive response to market changes and/or customer demands.
• Actively participates on multi-disciplinary product development teams.
• Directs and trains laboratory technicians during experiments,
• Presents results of studies/experiments effectively and responds to questions from group/team.
• Prepares accurate and concise reports regarding studies performed and assists with the preparation of comprehensive reports including recommendations for new product formulations and procedures.
• Maintains a safe and healthy laboratory environment.
• Perform electromagnetic parameter (permittivity and permeability) measurements of absorber material from 45 MHz to 90 GHz
• Perform performance measurements on absorber and low loss dielectric materials
• Write test reports on measurements performed
• Devise test procedures and fixtures to facilitate advanced characterization of EMI/EMC materials and configurations
• Become proficient and a recognized industry expert on microwave/millimeter wave materials properties and performance characteristics
• Write and present papers at technical symposia
• Support creation of technical data sheets and application notes
• Support outside testing of radar cross section and other electromagnetic measurements
• Personal computer skills such as MICROSOFT OFFICE and relational database.
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work well in a Team environment
• Ability to work with only milestone setting involvement from Management.
• Ability to work with little guidance to meet defined objectives.
• Demonstrated understanding of new product development processes and work flow
• Detailed knowledge of some SBU product lines
• Basic knowledge of a particular technical area
• Knowledge of measurements with network, impedance and spectrum analyzers
• Familiarity with electromagnetic field concepts
• Familiarity with material electromagnetic concepts a strong plus
• Ability to get a security clearance
• Bachelor’s Degree in Scientific field (Master’s Degree Preferred)
• 5-8 years of experience
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.