Laird Careers Careers
Software Engineering Intern
Laird is seeking talented interns with an interest in working in a unique design environment that specializes in wireless products and design services. This is an opportunity to work within a team environment with other design engineers such as; embedded firmware, mobile applications, antenna design, industrial design, mechanical design, and EMC.
This opportunity would focus on assisting the embedded software and mobile application design teams on internal and external projects providing real-world tasks, deliverables and accountability.
• Implement, test and document embedded software (aka firmware)
• Participate in software design reviews and code reviews
• Prepare documents, including requirements, design, unit testing plans, release notes and user guides etc. while working closely with other technical leaders.
• Collaborate effectively with a team of other highly skilled interdisciplinary engineering professionals
• Interface with Project Management to learn various engineering processes
• Basic understanding and education with the C language. Preferred experience with C#
• Educational experience with micro controller peripheral and interface drivers and/or use (e.g., SPI, I2C, UART, ADC, PWM)
• Preferred experience with Real Time Operating Systems such as FreeRTOS or Micrium uC/OS
• Preferred experience with Bluetooth Low Energy concepts
• The ability to adhere to an agreed upon work schedule
• Verbal communication skills to articulate capability, issues, and progress of assignments
• Technical writing and documentational skills
• Positive attitude and ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism
• Basic understanding of electrical schematics, symbols, and PCB layout structure
• Interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• The ability to interface professionally with associates at all levels of an organization
• Comprehension of software engineering concepts, principles, and theory; including documentation practices
• Hands-on understanding of test equipment such as oscilloscopes, signal analyzers, and protocol analyzers
Currently enrolled in a BS CS, CE, EE, or similar engineering disciplineOther
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.