Laird Careers Careers
Bucharest Finance (m/w)
Laird develops, manufactures and markets innovative solutions for vehicle communications, telematics and mobile device integration. Well-known car manufacturers such as Audi, Bentley, BMW, DAF, Jaguar Land Rover, MAN, Mercedes-Benz, Skoda, Ford and Volkswagen trust in the company's innovation and implementation expertise. At Laird, we speak the language of the car with ease and skill. We are engineers, technicians and developers who possess the competence to equip vehicles with solutions that transmit data and voice to/from the outside world. This happens thanks to Laird´s quality-proofed vehicle antenna solutions. As the leading provider of sophisticated antennas to U.S. and German auto manufacturers, as well as many manufacturers in Asia, we are currently the only Tier 1 supplier that combines experience in antenna design with the development of vehicle-communication devices.
With minimal supervision, the Senior Accountant is responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures.Responsibilities
• Compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial statements including monthly and annual accounts. Ensure accurate monthly, quarterly and year end close ensuring all financial reporting deadlines are met.
• Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
• Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close
• Monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures
• Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities
• Continuously manages and supports budget and forecast activities. Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses
• Monitor and support taxation issues
• Develop and maintain financial data bases
• Prepares for financial audits and coordinates the audit process
• Analyze and advise on business operations including revenue and expenditure trends, financial commitments and future revenues
• Prepares consolidation of inter-company transactions and reconciliations which may include foreign currency accounting
• Assist with Divisional rolling forecast & scenario planning (P&L and B/S), annual budget and reforecast process and communication with the Divisional sites and Group.
• Assist in the monthly Divisional reporting analysis and ad hoc analysis for all functions (sales, operations, quality) and Group including analysis of risks and opportunities to the Finance Director.
• Support in presentation of Divisional financial performance to Divisional Management team
• Support the development and implementation of special projects related to specific goals and directives.
• Computer literate, proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills, both written and oral
• Strong organizational skills
• High level of attention to detail, fluent English
Education & Experience Request
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
• Minimum 5 years of working experience in an accounting environment.