Laird Careers Careers
Marketing Communications Specialist
Based in Akron, OH, Schaumburg, IL, or Cedarburg, WI, the Marketing Communication Specialist will develop timely, consistent and flexible marketing communications tools for supporting product managers, sales channels and other functional areas.Responsibilities
- Develop and implement marketing communications tactics to support product and service strategies
- Coordinate, create, and write press releases, technical stories and success stories by working with product managers, market leaders and agency.
- Project management; from initial concept through copy writing and publication of various sales tools, including catalogs, brochures, PowerPoint presentations, spec sheets, web content, advertising, public relations, newsletters, direct mailers and electronic media.
- Support trade shows by planning, coordinating and implementing logistics with product manager(s) and/or sales force. (Travel to trade show sites when necessary.)
- Coordinate some of our digital marketing efforts inclusive of video and digital marketing campaigns (email, landing pages, banner advertising, paid search, etc.)
- Help support our ongoing effort to improve our overall web presence inclusive of updating web content (video, white papers, success stories) and improving conversion metrics.
- Work in partnership with services team to collect and analyze metrics to determine effectiveness of marketing activities and make recommendations for changes to improve effectiveness.
- Create and support email campaigns.
- Produce and provide art direction for sales collateral, advertising, web site and trade show graphics.
- Coordinate activities and projects with outside vendors including advertising agency, literature fulfillment, printers, etc.
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated understanding and practical application of Microsoft Office software programs.
- Demonstrated understanding and practical application of graphics programs including the Adobe Product Suite
- Demonstrated ability to interface with vendors, product managers, market leaders, sales channels and internal customers such as Human Resources.
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend technical subject matter.
- Demonstrated, excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated ability to multi task and prioritize work schedules to meet project due dates.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or communications.
- 2+ years’ industrial, business-to-business or internal corporate communications experience.
- Experience with video and digital marketing is a plus.
- Graphic Design experience is a plus.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.