Laird Careers Careers
Sales Operations Manager
The Sales Operations Manager (based in Akron, OH – Cedarburg, WI – or Schaumburg, IL) will aid in the design, deployment and execution of all systems and processes utilized by the segment global sales organization; including sales training and development of Best Commercial Practices (BCP). The role will support strategic objectives surrounding sales executives and growth of the business unit’s market opportunities. In addition, it will manage the functions essential to sales productivity; including planning, reporting, sales process optimization, sales training and sales program implementation.Responsibilities
- Aid in sales forecasting, planning and budgeting processes used with the sales organization.
- Proactively monitor and strive to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy and process consistency in the planning efforts. As needed, coordinates planning activities with other functions and stakeholders.
- As needed, coordinates planning activities with other functions and stakeholders.
- Will be responsible for the POS gathering and validation process in conjunction with the sales channels ship and debit programs.
- Will help ensure the accuracy of applicable price books and their timely distribution.
- Identify sales operations efficiencies and growth potential of new or existing client objectives from technology and customer trends, analysis of internal technologies and capabilities that can be applied within business unit.
- Identify key customers in the selected market, analyze customer roadmaps and integration of requirements to ensure sale operations process competitively addresses customer needs.
- Directs the support of sales specialists, implementation resources, service resources, and other sales and management resources as needed, coordinating with the appropriate management.
- Fosters close, cooperative relationships with peer leaders, sales management, and sales and support personnel.
- Establishes key metrics for sales operational department, including customer service and inside engineering and customer KPI’s.
- Responsible for reporting and execution against individual, team and client goals.
- Monitors the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales reports and other intelligence essential to the sales organization. Recommends revisions to existing reports, or assists in the development of new reporting tools as needed.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for sales process improvement. Works closely with sales management to inspect sales process quality and prioritize opportunities for improvement.
- Facilitates an organization of continuous process improvement.
- Maintains relationships with field personnel and technical teams to ensure timely, accurate and prompt submission of critical information; forecast, quote and technical documentation.
- Coordinates and manages training delivery to sales, sales management, and sales support personnel in the supported sales organization including strategic selling, large account management, value selling, product training, functional sales training and customer service training.
- Working with Accounting, Finance, and Human Resources, provides assistance with sales incentive compensation administration as needed, or when required to arbitrate or clarify the application of sales compensation program policies and procedures.
- Provide input to senior leadership in the development and administration of sales incentive compensation programs. Supports the equitable assignment of sales force quotas and ensures quotas are optimally allocated to all sales channels and resources.
- Will be responsible for one-time system programs an example might be the deployment of a quote process in Salesforce.
- Plan global and regional sales meetings.
- Strong analytical, planning, problem solving, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong critical system skills. Excel, Database, ERP, etc.
- Highly skilled at influencing – capable of navigating matrix organization to achieve complex objectives.
- Strong analytical capability with financial skills and understanding of planning and forecasting processes.
- Understanding of key sales tools such as CRM systems.
- Demonstrable track record in leading complex projects from concept through execution.
- Demonstrated proficiency managing analytically rigorous initiatives.
- Strong oral and written presentation skills.
- Demonstrated skills as a communicator, both orally and in writing and must possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to continually work across functional organization lines to translate market trends and opportunities into financially supported business plans.
- Ability to think and act strategically.
- Experience in Salesforce.com deployment preferred.
- Able to travel at a moderate level (up to 30%).
Education & Experience Requested
- Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing, business, or related field; or equivalent experience
- 10+ years’ experience in disciplines that involve engineering, marketing, product/business management, sales, manufacturing, and finance
- Previous leadership experience
- 5+ years’ experience in client facing roles (preferred)
- 5+ years’ experience in sales/customer service/marketing roles (preferred)
- 5+ years’ international business experience (preferred)
- Significant and broad-based management systems user knowledge (minimum 5 years covering ERP, CRM, Finance, etc. – preferred)
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.