Laird Careers Careers
EMI/EMC Modeling/Characterization Engineer
Under direct supervision in a research and development environment, the EMI/EMC Modeling/Characterization Engineer will apply basic scientific knowledge and skills to develop solutions during the product and technology development process.Responsibilities
- Applies basic scientific methods and principles to specific projects and technical challenges.
- Conducts analytical studies using sophisticated laboratory instruments following clearly defined procedures and processes under the direction of senior-level scientists.
- Develops knowledge of commonly used scientific analysis techniques and practices within the specialty.
- Maintains a clean and safe laboratory environment.
- Builds sound relationships with manufacturing, engineering, marketing, and technology groups enabling a proactive response to market changes and/or customer demands.
- Presents results of studies/experiments effectively.
- Assists with the preparation of comprehensive reports for new product formulations and procedures under the direction of more senior scientists.
- Personal computer skills such as MICROSOFT OFFICE and relational database.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well in a Team environment
- Limited knowledge of a particular technical area
- Requires Bachelor’s Degree in a Scientific discipline
- 0-2 years of experience
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.