Laird Careers Careers
Inside Sales Representative I (TEMP)
Based in Schaumburg, IL this position supports the sales team in all aspects of the customer selling and sales support process. This position is responsible for performing sales activities and project / account management functions in support of customer and channel partner needs for a given region / territory / specific assignment, to ensure total customer satisfaction and to also assist the responsible Laird field sales team, acting as an extension of the outside sales force to proactively grow sales and achieve sales targets, goals and objectives.Responsibilities
- Help qualify and process new business opportunities (NBOs) as well as to assist the outside sales force with NBO pipeline tracking and reporting using Salesforce (SFDC)
- Work closely with field applications support to technically qualify opportunities and move them through the sales stages.
- Support the field sales process by working closely with channel partners to identify new potential customers and opportunities through follow up of the sales lead generation program as well as supporting market research efforts using Salesforce (SFDC) and other tools as defined
- Assist as required to support updating marketing and sales forecasts. Help to maintain sales budget tracking information.
- Prepare and complete customer requests for quotations, process and respond to customer sample requests and provide communication and organization of these activities along with appropriate follow up support.
- As required, work with engineers, program and product managers to drive special and specific customer requirements, such as creating modified standard and custom products.
- Nurture existing customers and educate them on Laird’s product solutions and value proposition.
- Maintain customer contact databases and other informational requirements using Salesforce (SFDC) and other tools as defined
- Be proactive towards new business development
- Ability to qualify prospects and nurture qualified opportunities through to pipeline analysis.
- Clear and thorough understanding of World Class Customer Service
- Ability to work well with others and to work efficiently and accurately in a team based environment.
- Ability to learn technical product knowledge and a strong desire for sales acumen.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate on all levels within internal and external groups.
- Must have solid computer knowledge, Windows applications, MS Office proficiency.
- Knowledge of Salesforce or similar CRM a plus.
- High school diploma with college preferred.
- Minimum of 1 years sales or marketing experience, wireless communications and/or electronics background preferred.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.