Laird Careers Careers
Business Development Representative (TEMP)
Based in Schaumburg, IL this position supports the sales team in all aspects of the customer selling and sales support process. This position is accountable for driving revenue through developing new business within assigned solutions target segments, which includes identifying and qualifying leads, and effectively handing them off to Solutions Account Managers. This position is an integral part of the Solutions Sales strategy.Responsibilities
- Be proactive towards new business development
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails.
- Generate appointments and quotes by means of proactive outbound prospecting and lead activity management to qualify and market to potential customers
- Qualifying leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Support Laird Account Managers/Territory Sales Managers to help meet sales goals and objectives.
- Route qualified opportunities to the appropriate sales Account Managers/Territory Sales Managers for further development and closure
- Keep in close contact with Account Managers/Territory Sales Managers and direct OEM/channel partner customers to determine needs to transact and expand sales revenue.
- Identify new customers and educate them on Laird’s product solutions and value proposition.
- Communicate with all internal departments related to fulfilling customer requirements.
- Prepare and complete customer requests for quotations, process and respond to customer sample requests, and provide communication of these activities along with appropriate follow up and support.
- As required, work with Product Managers, Engineers and Marketing to drive special and specific customer requirements for custom products.
- Assist as required to support updating marketing and sales forecasts. Help to maintain sales budget tracking information.
- Help to support development of necessary sales resources such as specification and data sheets, customer price lists, etc.
- Maintain customer contact databases and other informational requirements using Salesforce and other tools as defined
- Attend sales meetings and conferences as necessary.
- All-inclusive comprehensive experience in sales, inbound/outbound cold calls, marketing and new business development.
- Ability to qualify prospects and nurture qualified opportunities through to pipeline analysis.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate on all levels within internal and external groups.
- Clear and thorough understanding of World Class Customer Service
- Ability to work well with others and to work efficiently and accurately in a team based environment.
- Ability to learn technical product knowledge and a strong desire for sales acumen.
- Must have solid computer knowledge, Windows applications, MS Office proficiency.
- Knowledge of Salesforce or similar CRM a plus.
- Ability to travel as needed for trade shows and customer events
- High school diploma with college preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years Sales or Marketing experience, Wireless Communications and/or Electronics background (5yrs preferred)
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.