Laird Careers Careers
Project Manager (Product Development)
Based in Cedarburg, WI or Akron, OH; persons employed into this position will be responsible for, but not limited to, managing a cross-functional team of professionals in the management of defined projects from start to completion.Responsibilities
- Define, plan and manage project milestone activities.
- Manage and oversee the NPI development checklist and drive for on time, on budget results.
- Manage and direct a project teams consisting of multiple engineering disciplines.
- Manage and coordinate activities between departments to meet product development or project requirements.
- Manage cost targets as set by Senior Management staff.
- Simultaneously set priorities/direction for assigned projects or programs.
- Act as the technical customer interface and leader of set forth projects.
- Generate/facilitate documentation per engineering procedures and Laird Technologies requirements.
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
- Must have a driver personality to motivate a cross functional team and get on time results.
- Proficient in Microsoft Project.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Exhibit understanding of the cross-functional relationships between inter-company groups and the expertise required to take a product through development and on to production.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or technical field. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Experience of Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and general wireless technologies is desired.
- Experience in the Internet of Things, Industrial Internet of Things arenas is desired.
- Background in Medical, Industrial or Industrial Automation markets are desired.
- PMI Certification a plus.
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar position.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.