Laird Careers Careers
Composite Engineering Technician
This position is responsible for contributing to the development, fabrication, and testing of composite production parts. This position will be assigned a wide range of tasks to support the technical needs of the Company.Responsibilities
- Cut pre-preg patterns, layup, bag, and cure.
- Finishing, Paint, and Prime
- Operate autoclave.
- Assist with the development of products, manufacturing equipment, manufacturing processes, and test equipment.
- Modify existing products and processes to improve efficiencies or effectiveness.
- Participate in cost reduction and quality improvement programs.
- Maintain and repair composite fabrication equipment.
- Assist Engineering with the design and prototyping of new products.
- Experience with composite fabrication
- Strong practical technical ability
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and WordStrong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimum supervision
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
Composites fabrication experience. Prefer Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.Other
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.