Laird Careers Careers
Control & Automation Engineer III (m/w)
Responsible for all aspects of system design to meet customer and company specifications. Develops product application drawings, bills of materials and other related items that result in safe, efficient, cost-effective products. Completes special projects and provides training to other individuals as required.Responsibilities
- Interfaces with customers and Sales personnel during the quotation and order entry processes to assure that company product will meet customer needs and specifications prior to order acceptance.
- Reviews order verifications, customer schematics, and other related information to assure that all necessary design information has been obtained and to also assure that customer needs and specifications can be met.
- Interfaces with customer during design process as needed to assure that customer needs and specifications are met.
- Develops and verifies system interface drawings, operating logic, and bills of materials that define the operation and interface of company product to customer equipment. Mainly responsible for complex company product offerings utilizing moderate to comp
- Meets with customers and company sales personnel and representatives both in-house and on site to assess unique applications requiring special design consideration.
- Assists Production and Quality personnel in resolving problems that may occur during the manufacturing and final inspection processes.
- Provides support to Service technicians and customers to resolve problems that may occur during system start-up and makes modifications as needed to meet customer requirements.
- Provides assistance to the Sales, Product Development, Materials, Production, Quality, and Service departments to resolve problems, answer technical questions, and develop product improvements.
- Assists, trains, or helps train other engineers, technicians, and other employees regarding company products and their applications.
- Proficiency in computer skills including Windows, AutoCAD, and company proprietary software.
- Ability to use Word, Excel, and PCAD. Ability to operate EPROM programmer.
- Ability to interpret schematic drawings and ladder logic diagrams.
- Ability to manage time to meet deadlines.
- Ability to follow instructions both written and oral.
- Sound understanding of electronic and electrical theory.
- Familiarity with industrial and mining machinery, such as cranes and locomotives, including knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic controls.
- Fluent in English and German.Education & Experience Request
- Masters degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology from a four-year college or university;
- Minimum of five years related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.