Laird Careers Careers
Technical Support Specialist Intern
Working predominantly under direct supervision and applying general directions, the Technical Support Specialist Intern provides technical information and guidance in the selling of assigned products; working directly with both customers and internal departments. Assists the customer and/or sales channel in providing the best technical solution for the customer.Responsibilities
- With mentoring as necessary, provide technical support and guidance to customer inquiries in accordance with established procedures. Follow up with customer technical requests as necessary.
- Field technical questions about Laird products and services. With mentoring as necessary, address customer questions about general product capabilities, specifications, part numbers and general application guidelines.
- With mentoring as necessary, advise customers regarding the proper configuration and operation of company products.
- With mentoring as necessary, assist in maintaining the sales lead database, making sure clean handoffs occur between the sales stages.
- Interview customers to collect complete information regarding the technical requirements for their application as it relates to support issues.
- Maintain customer support records as required in the specified tracking software.
- Consult with other subject matter experts within the organization when discussing more difficult applications to ensure the best solution.
- Keep work skills current to ensure Laird Technologies competitiveness in a dynamic global business environment.
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
- Provide new product recommendations as discovered by dealing with customer issues.
- Answer inbound calls in response to customer support issues.
- Performs other duties as required.
Excellent time management and organizational skills
Ability to absorb product knowledge of all Laird Technologies products
Good communication skills, both oral and written
Attention to detail a must
Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Demonstrated understanding of new product development process.
Ability to conduct a needs assessment to determine accurate understanding of customer needs
Proficient with Linux Development Environment (desired)
- Associate Degree or working towards a Baccalaureate Degree in an engineering or technical field.
- One to two years of related experience; preferably with computers, networking, Wi-Fi, and/or Bluetooth technologies preferred.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientat ion/Gender Identity.