Laird Careers Careers
Software Systems Engineer II
Based in Warren, OH; and under general supervision, the Systems Engineer II designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for software enhancements and new products.Responsibilities
- Develops software tools including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases and Internet-related tools.
- Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design.
- Personal computer skills such as MICROSOFT OFFICE and relational database.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well in a Team environment
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups
- Ability to work under direct supervision
- Ability to work with clearly defined project steps
- Possess some limited knowledge of new product development processes and work flow
- Possess a working knowledge of some SBU product lines
- Experience in participating on multi-disciplinary product development teams
- Basic knowledge of a particular technical area
- Automation programming skills using IEC 61131 language is required
- Experience in SCADA development is an asset
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, or a related field.
- 2-5 years’ experience
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.