Laird Careers Careers
Senior Program Manager
Translating project priorities into commercial success, the Senior Program Manager will lead a cross-functional project team to execute mission-critical strategic programs for the business. Reporting to the SVP, this position combines strategic project direction setting and thought leadership with roll-up-your-sleeves execution. Success is measured on achieveming of program milestones, completion of project on time, on scope, and on budget, and cross-functional capability building within and across teams.Responsibilities
• Define, plan and drive project objective goals and milestone activities. Responsible for ensuring goals and milestones are achieved on time.
• Manage and direct a cross functional team consisting of multiple disciplines. Coordinate and drive execution across disciplines, reporting progress to Senior Management staff and solutions to potential roadblocks.
• Manage and coordinate activities between departments to meet product development requirements while driving accountability for results.
• Manages product design cost targets and long term strategy as set by Senior Management staff.
• Simultaneously set priorities/direction for multiple programs in development.
• Act as the interface to integration, SBU functions and / or site team management.
• Generate / facilitate documentation per engineering procedures. Lead critical product and application training.
• Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
• Excellent program time management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a team with varying skills and experience, nuturing core skills while driving accountability for results.
• Exhibit understanding of the cross-functional relationships between inter-company groups and the expertise required for project or program completion.
• Experience in managing business process development, planning and negotiations.
• Effective communication skills, excellence in driving urgency and clarity at multiple levels within the organization. Attention to detail, drive for results.
• Ability to motivate, facilitate cross functional team members in international, multi-cultural environment.
• Demonstrated skill in Microsoft Excel and Project
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field. MBA or advanced technical or operational degree a plus.
• Experience/knowledge in manufacturing processes.
• PMI Certification required.
• 5+ years experience in a similar position.
• 8+ years in direct related experience.
• Previous managerial experience.
Early priority for this role will be spearheading a core product line repositioning (funded project) within WTS Controls Segment, working closely with Product Management, Industrial Applications Specialists, the Industrial Sales Team, and Technology and Operations teams to accelerate and deliver our future industrial offering. This mission-critical initiative leverages internal Segment resources, subject matter experts from across the Division, and external partners where appropriate.
Once complete with initial project, this strategic delivery role will expand into other key initiatives within WTS and potentially across Laird.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, arrest record, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability