Laird Careers Careers
Global Director of Service
The Director of Service will lead aftermarket sales and service teams. This leader will be focused on growing sales, gross margin and overall profitability of the business. Additionally, the will ensure our teams deliver exceptional technical support to our customers. This role will also oversee the daily operations of the field and in-house operations.Responsibilities
- Plan and direct all aspects of the organization’s aftermarket sales and service including product development, pricing and forecasting, warranty and field service.
- Drive strategy, action plans and business development initiatives.
- Work with Senior Leadership in the translation of corporate strategy into necessary communication imperatives and actionable items.
- Leads cross-functional teams in identifying competitive strategies and evaluates, adjusts, organization's action plans to meet current and future customer needs.
- Liaison with affiliate companies to ensure consistency between service groups.
- Define, develop and manage aftermarket performance metrics
- Provide technical assistance to the sales, product development, inventory, production, inspection and test departments to resolve issues and develop product improvements.
-Meet with customers, company sales personnel and representatives both in-house and on site to review service contracts and needs.
- Designated liaison with customers and sales personnel during the quotation and order entry processes to ensure that the product will meet customer needs and specifications prior to order acceptance.
- Review scheduling of service personnel and progress to ensure that service processes are adequate to provide proper customer service.
- Establish service budgets and ensures operating costs stay within the service budget.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as contracts, RFQs, POs, technical manuals and CAD drawings
- Demonstrated negotiation skills and ability to build and maintain trusting customer (internal/external) relationships
- Ability to analyze and draw conclusions from complex data
- Ability to drive strategic vision through specific goals and actions for the team
- Demonstrated expertise in a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Access, MS Outlook
- Project Management skills
- Ability to multi task in a fast pace environment
- Effective communications (graphically, written and verbal) skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or other related technical field required - MBA preferred
- Experience in industry preferred
- At least 5 years of sales experience
- At least 10 years of management experience
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.