Laird Careers Careers
Based in Warren, OH; the person selected to fill this role will be responsible for, but not limited to, maintaining accuracy for the finished goods Inventory as well as generating and maintaining finish good supply for assigned products upon forecast and customer requirements, to ensure total customer satisfaction.Responsibilities
- Input and maintain master production schedule in computer manufacturing system.
- Provide feedback to appropriate departments on meeting customer requirements.
- Check availability of inventory prior to issuing orders using system inquiries and shortage reports.
- Generate purchase orders by way of auto distribution.
- Update purchase orders as necessary by monitoring system inquiries and new engineering change orders.
- Quote lead times to the Sales Coordinators for requested delivery times for materials not in stock.
- Communicate with sales for forecasting and finalizing Master Production Schedule.
- Generate rework-manufacturing orders based on dispositioned Reject Reports or RMAs.
- Effectively manage finished inventory levels, including receiving in and distributing stock if needed to meet customer orders.
- Work with multiple laird technologies factories and other suppliers to ensure proper inventory levels.
- Major role in maximizing supply chain, order consolidation, and logistics to maximize service and minimize inventory investment.
- Schedule production using a variety of inputs such as sales orders, historical data, sales forecasts, and inputs from product managers or executive management.
- Create and maintain a master schedule of appropriate supply channels by P/L.
- Determine and control the entry, modification (if required) and release of all P.O.’s to support the master schedule as well as any unplanned customer requirements.
- Develop, improve, and monitor reporting processes to control the supply chain functions.
- Make recommendations to management regarding improvements in the supply chain processes to better enable the company to be efficient, cut costs and improve delivery cycles to customers.
- Determine appropriate inventory levels of standard product for sale, using safety stocks and reorder quantities, based on proven supply chain systems.
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
- Previous experience in production/materials planning/MRP required.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common technical journals, reports and legal documents.
- Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong computer skills including Excel, and Microsoft Windows programs.
- Complete understanding and experience with integrated manufacturing software systems, CPIM preferred.
- Ability to maintain accuracy and attention to detail.
- QAD or similar ERP system experience preferred.
- BS or BA from accredited 4-year college preferred
- At least 10 years related experience in applicable field preferred
- 3+ years of scheduling/planning experience preferred
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.