Laird Careers Careers
Territory Sales Manager - Midwestern U.S.
Based in the Midwestern United States, ideally in the Chicago, Milwaukee, or Minneapolis greater metropolitan areas; the Territory Sales Manager will be responsible for the selling of all Business Segment products and services within an assigned geographic territory.
- Develop new business relationships by personally presenting to major accounts within assigned territory a description of the company, its products, and capabilities.
- Develop and maintain sales by exploring and qualifying existing accounts as well as following up on leads resulting from marketing prospecting efforts.
- Instruct and train, distributors, and Manufactures Representatives in the selling of products and services.
- Maintain a professional business rapport with accounts even under less than desirable conditions.
- Maintain accurate up to date records and files on all major accounts including sales data, quote records, and customer contacts.
- Provide accurate feedback to management on missed quotes and future trends.
- Coordinate activities with Inside Sales Teams to maximize our ability to close on new business opportunities.
- Represent the company at various trade shows.
- Provide assurance to management that all policies are carried out accurately.
- Perform other duties as assigned or necessary to meet business objectives.
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services; including, customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Must have an understanding of wireless technology and their associated markets
- Accelerated experience with Microsoft Office Software including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Willing to travel up to 50%.
- Self-starter with proven experience operating independently.
- Must have experience working with CRM systems (Salesforce preferred)
- Experience with Microsoft suite of products
- BA or higher degree or prior work experience in lieu of formal education. B.S. in Electrical Engineering (preferred)
- 5+ years of technical sales experience (design services sales preferred)
- Experience working with semiconductor companies and distribution (preferred)
- Experience selling contract engineering services. (preferred)
- Experience in M2M, IoT, and wireless product development. (preferred)
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.