Laird Careers Careers
Laird Division, Connected Vehicle Solutions (CVS), develops and produces solutions for vehicles of tomorrow. At our Dabendorf manufacturing and development site we design, produce and sell Automotive Connectivity Solutions including products for Smart Device Integration, Wireless Charging, Antennas and Antenna Compenser®. Laird’s CVS Division is a diverse, global, Tier 1 supplier selling world class products to leading global automotive companies.
For our Dabendorf facility we are seeking candidates for the following position
Product Specialist for smart device integration
Dabendorf, nearby Berlin
With minimal supervision, the Product Specialist provides an enabling role in meeting the growth, profitability and return on asset objectives of a product line. Assists the Product Manager in developing the strategic plan for his or her products and in implementing the plan on a regional basis in order to achieve the agreed upon goals.
Chances and Perspectives – what you can expect
- Identification and specification of product and market opportunities through design development, product launch, market penetration and growth as well as the end of life phase
- Manages and drives product line results as directed by the Product Manager.
- Identification and communication of a regional business strategy resulting from a thorough understanding of our automotive OEM customer’s requirements, the competitive environment and the Laird Technology core competencies for each product line.
- Definition of product requirements and specifications.
- The identification of regional options to maximize the return on assets for the product line globally.
Personality and Engagement – what we expect
- BS degree in a technical (engineering) or business administration/management discipline.
- An advanced business degree is desired
- 5 years of previous commercial experience in field sales or related customer facing experience is desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in german and english
- Possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work across functional organization lines to translate market trends and opportunities into financially supported business plans.
- Capable of strategically planning future product opportunities and ability to work in a team environment to translate those plans into commercially successful and profitable product offerings.
- 30-40% travel may be required in order to meet these business objectives.
Growth and Development – what we offer
We offer a working space with lots of variety in an international environment. Teamwork with motivated people, short ways of decision making, an open minded working culture and the opportunity to contribute your skills to the accomplishment of our company goals and missions.
We are looking forward to you!
Use your chance… in an innovative OEM Automotive Supplier!
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, arrest record, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability