Laird Careers Careers
WTS Logistics Specialist
Accountable for performing site operational activities including transportation, warehousing, packaging, crating, and distribution (site material and FGI site movement). This position is responsible transacting receipt and/or shipments in a regulatory compliant manner. Receives, stores, and distributes shipments, material, and supplies within the facility by performing the below duties. Ensures compliance with safety, security, regulatory, and company policies.Responsibilities
- Performs pick and pack assembly on shipments as needed.
- Takes weight and measurement of each shipment received and prepares on-hand notice.
- Enters shipment information into Laird’s system as required; Prepares bills of lading as needed.
- Prepare documents for Freight Forwarder(s) including Pro Forma Invoice, final invoice, payment instruments, all HAZMAT documents, container loading diagram, and advising customer of shipping information.
- Coordinate all international orders with Production, Purchasing, and Credit departments at all facilities.
- Dispatches pick-up and delivery information in a timely and efficient manner; arranges daily pick-up schedules.
- Negotiate and review all of the required international freight contracts including, but not limited to, Ocean Freight rates, Air Freight rates, container pick up and delivery rates, and freight forwarding.
- Researches shipment tracking requests and provides feedback; attempts to resolve misplaced shipments. Communicates with Sales/Service and other functional areas to resolve customer problems.
- Review and approve all freight bills including inland container moves and freight forwarding.
- Inspect shipment for damage, overage or shortage and notes on truck pro.
- Transport shipments within warehouse and in and out of trucks operates warehouse equipment as needed.
- Assists with operational procedures including sorting, loading/unloading activities, shipment processing and documentation, manifesting, bagging, and sending shipment status information.
- Transports shipments and materials to and from receiving area, staging area, or other area as designated. Sorts and places shipments and or materials on racks, shelves, or in bins according to destination.
- Performs basic warehouse and inventory management activities.
- Performs import/export clearance by proper customs declarations for all import/export shipment transactions.
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
- Review and sign all credit memos.
- Maintain and knowledgeable of regs and documentation requirements related to transportation and customs.
- Familiar with current HAZMAT and Dangerous Goods regulations and keep up to date on all changes.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Team cooperation - maintain positive, cooperative attitude with all employees and all customers.
- Must be well organized and detail oriented.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and Outlook.
- Fluent in English and local primary language (written and oral).
- Familiar with basic procedures of import/export customs clearance.
- Proficient in OA and ERP (basic warehouse and transportation modules) software.
- 2 years experience in customs clearance for ocean freight, air, and land transportation. and International traffic.
- 2-5 years warehouse operations experience. Forklift experience required. CDL Class A or B required.
- HS diploma or GED required. Technical college or above, with emphasis in import/export business and foreign trade, with declaring certificate/cancel-after-verification certificate preferred
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.