Laird Careers Careers
Global Quality Systems Manager - Connectivity
Based in Akron, OH this position will be responsible for, but not limited to, leading the development, maintenance, coordination and implementation of the global Quality Business System in assigned business units (Segments) and facilities.Responsibilities
- Leads quality teams in the identification, creation, maintenance, and distribution of documentation according to the requirements of the Quality Manual, Quality Management Systems, ISO 9001/TS16949/ ISO 14001 and other related standards for assigned BU.
- Leads the quality teams in the standardization of Quality Business System records, applicable regulatory documents, and documents of external origin across all related sites.
- Leads the process for monitoring corrective actions, Internal Audits (customer and internal) for resolution and effectiveness.
- Oversee and ensure the training for Internal Auditors.
- Leads the implementation and maintenance of a standard approach to ISO/TS internal audits.
- Leads the implementation and improvement of the Quality Business System. Leads and supports efforts to standardize execution of management reviews, internal audits, and 3rd party audits for the BU.
- Performs ongoing evaluations/assessments of Quality business systems and verifies best practice approaches are utilized and are adding value to the sites.
- Ensures adherence to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
- Oversees and coordinates the implementation of Laird Quality Tools at the global BU site level.
- Implements a standardized TTM/NPI process. Support continuous improvement of processes, establish a standard approach to auditing all TTM/NPI activities for adherence and report out statuses accordingly by site.
- Monitors site metric performance to goal. Facilitates corrective actions as needed.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Strong Troubleshooting Skills.
- Project Management Proven Skills – Multi Site/Global.
- Lean Manufacturing Principles.
- Proficient knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO14001, OHSAS 18001, TS16949 and/or other standards applicable to the site.
- MSOffice, ERP (Tetra, QAD, Mapics, etc.) systems experience.
- Data Driven Individual.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Technical Field or Business, Or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5 years related experience in Quality and/or Manufacturing.
- Three plus year’s Supervisory experience and working with TS 16949 standards.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.