Laird Careers Careers
Regional Finance Manager - Shared Service Center
Based in Chesterfield, MO, Laird's Finance Shared Service Centers (FSSC) are located across three regions (America, Europe and Asia). The FSSC for America is located in Chesterfield, Saint Louis and is responsible for the execution and delivery off financial services across Laird business divisions in North America. The Shared Service Center Finance Manager will manage the General Ledger (GL) process on a day-to-day basis, within defined budgets and in accordance with relevant Service Level Agreements, thereby ensuring the proper administration of the company resources in order to achieve the financial goals established by the Corporation.Responsibilities
- Manage and lead the FSSC team of 4 accountants to deliver towards agreed Service Level Agreements for Record to Report processes (RTR) including monthly reporting.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting that complies with Laird internal reporting (IFRS) and with country specific requirements.
- Implement policies, operational controls and procedures to ensure efficient and accurate services
- Drive for continuous efficiency and quality improvement both within the region and globally.
- Global process owner for RTR processes and to coordinate process reviews and process improvements globally and to ensure alignment with other regional FSSCs.
- Support internal and external audits
- Support integration of new business to our ERP system and to FSSC
- Coordinate with team members to effectively distribute workload and increase exposure to multiple finance and business disciplines within Laird
- Inspire, motivate, develop and actively coach FSSC team members to support their career development.
- Working experience with Shared Service Centre
- Management experience is required
- Experience working in a multi-national environment
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, people oriented personality
- Experience with internal and external audit
- Self-motivated and able to work under time pressure with accuracy and commitment
- Capable of handling multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Problem solving and analytical skills with a proactive management style to implement new processes
- Consistently meet or exceed commitments with the highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance, Master's Degree preferred.
- 2+ years' experience in finance /accounting management position in multinational company preferably related to manufacturing field (5+ years preferred).
- Accounting certification is preferred.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.