Laird Careers Careers
Senior Industrial Designer
With a preferred location of Cedarburg, WI the Industrial Designer IV will create and develop design concepts and specifications that optimize the function, ergonomics, perceived value, user experience and appearance of physical products, user interfaces and systems for our customers. This role requires the skills to design & develop wireless products from conceptual phase through production hand off.Responsibilities
- Partners with internal and external marketing and design groups to research and analyze design trends and customer feedback for incorporation into product enhancements, new product design and overall design language and strategy.
- Produces and validates product design specifications and production requirements with insourced and outsourced manufacturing and engineering groups.
- Consults with clients to determine requirements for designs
- Develops virtual models of different designs
- Creates physical prototypes of designs
- Examines materials and production costs to determine manufacturing requirements
- Works with other specialists such as mechanical engineers or manufacturers to evaluate whether their design concepts will fill a need at a reasonable cost
- Evaluates product safety, appearance, and function to determine if a design is appropriate
- Presents designs and demonstrates prototypes to clients for approval
- Personal computer skills such as MICROSOFT OFFICE, Adobe CC, and Solid Works.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent aesthetic development and visual communication skills
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups
- Define project scope, deliverables and team requirements and execute program plans with minimal supervision.
- Ability to lead project teams and deliver results against milestones and deliverables.
- Demonstrated understanding of most new product development processes and work flows.
- Possess a general knowledge of some SBU product lines
- Guides team as the “expert” in a particular field, capable of leading a sub-team formed around expertise
- Demonstrated experience in participating on multi-disciplinary product development teams
- Demonstrated mastery of a particular technical area within the job responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design
- More than 8 years of experience
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.