Laird Careers Careers
Translating strategy to action (based in Warren, OH) the Product Manager is the guiding force for meeting the regional growth, profitability and return on investment objectives of the industrial product line. Primary global responsibility for developing the strategic plan for his or her products, integrating the plan with global, regional and functional teams, obtaining necessary approvals for human and financial resources from management and achieving the agreed upon goals through the broader Segment and Division organizationResponsibilities
- Plans, leads and manages the entire life of a product line from the identification of market opportunities through design development, product launch, market penetration and growth as well as the end of life phase (aftermarket).
- Manages and drives product line results in their region including, all channels of distribution, all market segments and to all customers.
- Identifies and communicates business strategy resulting from a thorough understanding of our customer’s requirements, the competitive environment and the Laird core competencies for each related product line.
- Identifies and develops new applications and products.
- Drives regional pricing, working with sales management to insure that the appropriate level of pricing authority and accountability is in place to allow Laird to respond to competitive opportunities and threats.
- Provides product and application training, including competitive strategies and responses, for all appropriate Laird sales channels.
- Assists and monitors the execution of key new business initiatives and opportunities to achieve growth in profitable sales.
- Defines product requirements and specifications.
- Recommendations for funding of product development efforts.
- Maximize the effective use of existing assets and maximize the return on investment for the product line globally.
- Provide a foundation for manufacturing planning and capacity by developing a forecast of demand by product.
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
- Establish product cost, quality and delivery requirements.
- Establish a marketing communication and promotional strategy for the product line.
- Strong communication skills, orally and written, excellence in driving urgency and clarity at multiple levels within an organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Work across functional lines to translate market trends and opportunities into supported business plans.
- Ability to strategically plan future product opportunities and demonstrate strong entrepreneurial skills in translating those plans into commercially successful and profitable product offerings.
- Up to 50% travel may be required in order to meet these business objectives.
- Fluency in a second language is a strong plus (German, Spanish, Mandarin)
- BA/BS in a technical field, an advanced business degree is desired.
- 5 years’ experience in disciplines such as marketing, sales, manufacturing, engineering and finance.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.