Laird Careers Careers
Engineering, electromagnetic and other specialized knowledge in the area of radio frequency transmission and reception to design and develop products for the Company. Responsible for the technical performance of RF related products, for providing technical expertise to product development teams in the RF area and for supporting the test methods required for the development of RF related products.Responsibilities
- Research trade publications, patents, technical papers and existing products to determine the “state of the art of antenna technology.
- Design antennas using computer simulation and experimental techniques.
- Fabricate and test novel antenna designs for use in cell phones, land mobile radios (LMRs), and other wireless devices.
- Characterize antenna performance by conducting electrical tests such as VSWR, near and far field gain measurements, and specific absorption rate (SAR) tests.
- Compose written reports to fully document all project activity.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations to a variety of small or large groups.
- Work as part of an engineering design team with mechanical engineers, drafters and project engineers to develop new RF related products.
- Provide updates on project status and technological changes to the design team.
- Provide support and assistance to project team as needed.
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement software and hardware to reduce cycle time and improve product development efficiency.
- Write research papers and patent applications, as required by the Company.
- Personal computer skills such as MICROSOFT OFFICE and relational database.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well in a Team environment
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups
- Ability to work with management to establish project Milestones, but otherwise executes project plan with little supervision required.
- Ability to work toward defined objectives with little direct supervision
- Demonstrated understanding of new product development processes and work flow
- Detailed knowledge of at least one SBU product line, with general knowledge of related or other SBU product lines.
- Works well in a Team environment and guides the team as the “expert” in a particular field.
- Demonstrated experience in participating on multi-disciplinary product development teams
- Good knowledge of a particular technical area within the job responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology or a related field.
- 5-8 years experience
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.