Laird Careers Careers
Channel/Distribution Account Manager
Based in a home office environment in areas where our partners have office locations, this role will be accountable for managing assigned channel accounts. The position will be expected to design, develop and execute partner plans that grow revenue. It will also be expected to develop strategic relationships at all level of the partner organizations as well as branch sales and marketing teams in the assigned territory. Successful execution will result in sustained revenue and market share growth. Additionally, this position participates in the identification and qualification of sales opportunities and the assignment of opportunities to appropriate sales personnel. It will be primarily focused on channel partners such as Arrow Electronics, Avnet, Future Electronics, Digi-Key and Mouser.Responsibilities
- Directly manage Laird Distribution Partners the embedded wireless, antennas and thermal systems channel.
- Drive the development of sales statistics, forecasts and reports on sales activity within region and those requested by management
- Maintain knowledge and awareness of competitor’s products, pricing, discount structures and overall strengths and weaknesses.
- Manage channel inventory to minimize out of inventory and over inventory positions within channel accounts.
- Obtain market share information for Laird and competitive products. Develop programs and initiatives within the channel to exploit opportunities and grow market share.
- Focus efforts on having Laird become product of choice by maintaining a broad knowledge of accounts and establishing relationships with various levels of management across organizations.
- Develop new business opportunities within these partner accounts and their targeted selling groups.
- Participate in the development of strategic Laird market and business plans for partner accounts.
- Conduct regular customer visits, make sales presentations, schedule and host QBRs.
- Review and coordinate customer equipment specifications.
- Arrange applications support and product/service demonstrations/trainings.
- Generate monthly progress report
- Demonstrated strong skills as a communicator, both orally and in writing.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer literacy is required.
- Ability to work across functional and organizational lines to translate market trends and opportunities into profitable business.
- 40% to 50% travel at times may be required in order to meet these business objectives.
- Excellent presentation and organization skills with a talent for customer interaction at all levels.
- Must have strong interpersonal & communication skills, and positive attitude and proactive approach.
- Provide sales statistics, forecasts and reports on sales activity within region and those requested by management.
- Knowledge of two-tiered sales model preferred.
- Previous experience working for and or selling to these types of partners, Arrow, Avnet, Future, Digi-Key, & Mouser preferred
- Bachelor's degree
- A minimum of 5 – 10 years successful sales related experience required
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.