Laird Careers Careers
Product Manager Thermal Materials - Europe
The Product Manager reports to the Director of Thermal Materials as part of the global team. The position is also dotted line to the VP/GM for PMBU Europe. The role is responsible for meeting the regional growth, profitability and return on asset objectives of the Thermal Materials product line.
Primary global responsibility for developing the strategic plan for his or her products, integrating the plan with global, regional and functional plans, obtaining necessary approvals for human and financial resources from management and achieving the agreed upon goals through the global, regional and functional organizations. The product manager is also responsible for gross margin through pricing and working with other functions on cost management.
This position has a heavy emphasis on Thermal Materials for automotive electronics and is a resource to other regions besides Europe. Travel in the role is primarily regional with occasional travel to Asia or North America. However, due to the global nature of the role there are frequent off hour phone calls.Responsibilities
- Plans, leads and manages the entire life of a product line from the identification of market opportunities through design development, product launch, market penetration and growth as well as the end of life phase.
- Manages and drives product line results in their region including, all channels of distribution, all market segments and to all customers.
- Identification and communication of a business strategy resulting from a thorough understanding of our customer’s requirements, the competitive environment and the Laird technology core competencies for each product line.
- Identification and development of new as well as existing applications and products.
- Regional pricing, working with sales management to insure that the appropriate level of pricing authority and accountability is in place to allow Laird Technologies to respond to competitive opportunities as well as threats while meeting the profitability
- Providing product as well as application training, including competitive strategies and responses, for all appropriate Laird Technology sales channels.
- Assists and monitors the execution of key new business initiatives and opportunities to achieve growth in profitable sales.
- Definition of product requirements and specifications.
- The guidance and management of development protocols.
- Recommendations for funding of product development efforts.
- Maximize the effective use of existing assets and maximize the return on assets for the product line globally.
- Provide a foundation for manufacturing planning and capacity by developing a forecast of demand by product.
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
- Establish product cost, quality and delivery requirements.
- Establish a marketing communication and promotional strategy for the product line.
- Multi-lingual skills is a strong plus. Must be fluent in German and English.
- Demonstrated skills as a communicator, both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Work across functional lines to translate market trends and opportunities into supported business plans.
- Ability to strategically plan future product opportunities and demonstrate strong entrepreneurial skills in translating those plans into commercially successful and profitable product offerings.
- Thirty to forty percent travel may be required in order to meet these business objectives.
- Basic understanding of financial statements with an understanding of cost accounting and prior experience with pricing strategy are required.
- BA/BS in a technical field or management field, preferred engineering degree in Chemical or Thermal; an MBA or advanced degree is a plu.
- 5 to 8 years experience in disciplines such as marketing, sales, manufacturing, engineering in consumer / industrial electronics, telecommunications or automotive.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, arrest record, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability