Laird Careers Careers
Based in Chesterfield, MO; Akron, OH; or Milwaukee, WI and with general direction, the Web Developer will play a key role in supporting B2B marketing initiatives with a focus on driving improved global communications and sales via the Internet. The role will be responsible for implementing and maintaining the online content and customer experience for Laird’s global web sites and tools. The Web Developer will work closely with the entire marketing team plus additional cross-functional partners throughout sales and business development.Responsibilities
- Know Laird’s sales/marketing/brand strategies; understand how web activities contribute to those strategies.
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient code by using development best practices.
- Creating website layout/user interfaces by using standard HTML/CSS best practices.
- Integrating data from various back-end services and databases.
- Ensure consistent standards for branding, communications, and products on the web.
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities.
- Applying SEO best practices on the site.
- Create templates for blogs, feeds, knowledge bases, etc...
- Contribute to the overall usability of online systems and tools.
- Build templates for users to add content to Drupal; optimize design, layout, and UX using current best practices.
- Proven working experience in web development.
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices.
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems.
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process.
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team, and handle high pressure/deadlines.
- BA/BS preferred.
- 1-3 years professional experience developing and designing web content and experience with Drupal is preferred.
- Familiarity with electronics industries and/or B2B marketing preferred.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.